DinnerNow Install Failed...

Topics: Setup / Configuration
Sep 17, 2007 at 2:47 PM
I just tried to install the sample app 1.3 special build on my PC. (Vista home premium)
I went through and downloaded all the requirements then built the application. durring this build I had a local error on my pc "Alias Database has stopped working" and then a bunch or red on the Command Prompt build screen. After which I used Start Services and it said the database could not be found.. and thats the end.
Can anyone offer some suggestions as to what is happening?

Thanks for the help

Mark
Sep 19, 2007 at 2:09 AM
Ok I cleaned out the install and did it again and everything seems fine in that area, but now after I followed the install steps and try open the app in my browser i get this 404

Server Error in Application "DinnerNow.Net"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
Description: The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Error Code: 0x80070002

Notification: MapRequestHandler

Module: IIS Web Core

Requested URL: http://local.dinnernow.net:80/

Physical Path: C:\Website\DinnerNow\Dinnernow\bin\DinnerNow.WebUX

Logon User: Anonymous

Logon Method: Anonymous

Handler: StaticFile

Most likely causes:

The directory or file specified does not exist on the Web server.
The URL contains a typographical error.
A custom filter or module, such as URLScan, restricts access to the file.
What you can try:

Create the content on the Web server.
Review the browser URL.
Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code and see which module is calling SetStatus. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.
More Information... This error means that the file or directory does not exist on the server. Create the file or directory and try the request again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Server Version Information: Internet Information Services 7.0.

what I am doing wrong?

Mark
Oct 2, 2007 at 3:56 AM
Hi

Dinnernow has not been tested with Vista Home Premium, so i'm not even sure it will work.

That said, can you check that dinnernow.net resolves to your local machine? You could also try to browse one of the static images to make sure IIS is wired up correctly.

David

MarkSensei wrote:
I just tried to install the sample app 1.3 special build on my PC. (Vista home premium)
I went through and downloaded all the requirements then built the application. durring this build I had a local error on my pc "Alias Database has stopped working" and then a bunch or red on the Command Prompt build screen. After which I used Start Services and it said the database could not be found.. and thats the end.
Can anyone offer some suggestions as to what is happening?

Thanks for the help

Mark

Dec 8, 2007 at 3:43 AM
I am having similar problems to yours and I am hoping that you will help me -

I am getting the same Alias Database has stopped working and in addition I tried to manually install the batch files in order one by one and I failed with those.

When you refer to cleaning out the install what did you do exactly?

Are you still having problems?

Thank you for all of your help in advance.
Mar 15, 2008 at 1:14 PM

dpr00 wrote:
I am having similar problems to yours and I am hoping that you will help me -

I am getting the same Alias Database has stopped working and in addition I tried to manually install the batch files in order one by one and I failed with those.

When you refer to cleaning out the install what did you do exactly?

Are you still having problems?

Thank you for all of your help in advance.

im having the same problem, im stock on IIS7 and there is no one to help here :|