DinnerNow .NET Build and Configure Problem

Topics: Setup / Configuration
Nov 21, 2007 at 10:40 PM
Edited Nov 23, 2007 at 1:51 PM

Here is my environment and the build error message I received. I'm anxious to get this up and running. Looks like a really cool app!
1. Environment
• Vista SP1 Build 6001

2. DinnerNow.NET Pre-installation Checklist
• has all check boxes
3. Build and Configure
Building "DinnerNow - ServicePortfolio.sln"

LinqCustomerGateway.cs(45,35): error CS1061: 'System.Data.Linq.Table<DinnerNow. DataAccess.LinqToSql.Customer>' does not contain a definition for 'Add' and no extension method 'Add' accepting a first argument of type System.Data.Linq.Table<DinnerNow.DataAccess.LinqToSql.Customer>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

LinqOrderGateway.cs(29,32): error CS1061: 'System.Data.Linq.Table<DinnerNow.DataAccess.LinqToSql.Order>' does not contain a definition for 'Add' and no extension method 'Add' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Data.Linq.Table<Din
nerNow.DataAccess.LinqToSql.Order>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

LinqRestaurantOrderGateway.cs(37,42): error CS1061: 'System.Data.Linq.Table<DinnerNow.DataAccess.LinqToSql.RestaurantOrder>' does not contain a definition for 'Add' and no extension method 'Add' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Data.Linq.Table<DinnerNow.DataAccess.LinqToSql.RestaurantOrder>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

An Error Occurred building the DinnerNow Solution Finished

Press any key to continue . . .

Nov 23, 2007 at 10:03 AM
Yes, same to me. I think i can solve that myself and post my work back here when done
Nov 23, 2007 at 10:35 AM
Solved, just replace .Add function by .Attach function, seem LINQ API was change
Dec 8, 2007 at 2:41 PM
Hi,

Iv'e done the same but i get more compile errors :-

Error 1 The best overloaded method match for 'System.ServiceModel.Channels.IContextManager.SetContext(System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary<string,string>)' has some invalid arguments C:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - ServicePortfolio\Source\DinnerNow.OrderServices.Implementation\Actions\DeliveryActions.cs 108 17 DinnerNow.OrderServices.Implementation

Error 2 Argument '1': cannot convert from 'System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary<System.Xml.XmlQualifiedName,string>' to 'System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary<string,string>' C:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - ServicePortfolio\Source\DinnerNow.OrderServices.Implementation\Actions\DeliveryActions.cs 108 31 DinnerNow.OrderServices.Implementation

Any ideas ?

Thanks

John
Dec 9, 2007 at 7:55 PM
If the error you are receiving is due to changed methods, then i would encourage you to check the version of Visual Studio you have installed.

Each build of DinnerNow is linked to a particular build of Visual Studio and the Framework, so a version targeted at Visual Studio 2008 Beta 1, will not work with Beta 2, or the RTM version.

We also build DinnerNow targeted at a particular OS version, so if you are using an build of Vista, other than RTM, it will not work.

We are working on an RTM version which should be available shortly.

Thanks

johnkattenhorn wrote:
Hi,

Error 1 The best overloaded method match for 'System.ServiceModel.Channels.IContextManager.SetContext(System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary<string,string>)' has some invalid arguments C:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - ServicePortfolio\Source\DinnerNow.OrderServices.Implementation\Actions\DeliveryActions.cs 108 17 DinnerNow.OrderServices.Implementation

Error 2 Argument '1': cannot convert from 'System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary<System.Xml.XmlQualifiedName,string>' to 'System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary<string,string>' C:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - ServicePortfolio\Source\DinnerNow.OrderServices.Implementation\Actions\DeliveryActions.cs 108 31 DinnerNow.OrderServices.Implementation

Any ideas ?

Thanks

John

Dec 19, 2007 at 1:55 PM
The names have changed from the Beta 2 to the RTM (parameters of the method are still the sames)

Instead of Add, use InsertOnSubmit
Instead of Remove, use DeleteOnSubmit

Have a nice day
Stéphane

johnkattenhorn wrote:
Hi,

Any ideas ?

Thanks

John

Dec 31, 2007 at 2:24 AM
Can i know some more briefly in which file i have to change the add & attach function name. &

After executing the solution iam getting the error like

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 59: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
Line 60: <add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
Line 61: <add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/></assemblies>
Line 62: </compilation>
Line 63: <!--

Thanks & bye

Srinivas

Jan 16, 2008 at 4:49 PM

interack wrote:
Solved, just replace .Add function by .Attach function, seem LINQ API was change

Can you please tell me which file I need to change and where are they located.
Thanks
Feb 8, 2008 at 11:04 PM
Please try the RTM version which we have just posted.

Thanks

victorypoint wrote:

interack wrote:

Can you please tell me which file I need to change and where are they located.
Thanks