This project is read-only.

Problem while accessing RestaurantOrderService in DinnerNow

Topics: Kiosk Application
Nov 22, 2007 at 6:52 AM
Edited Nov 22, 2007 at 6:58 AM
I have setup Dinnernow application on windows vista. Installation was successful. I have started all the service through 'Start Services' icon on my desktop.
When I tried to access the 'DinnerNow.Restaurants.Kiosk' application from code. I figured out that there is problem with the service running at http://localhost:8004/ (which is RestaurantOrderService).
It gives me error as below in OrderStatusWindow.xaml.cs in constructor OrderStatusWindow()

"The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error. For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug> configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs."

and its stacktrace is

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at 0:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at DinnerNow.Restaurants.Kiosk.RestaurantOrderServiceReference.IRestaurantOrderService.GetOrdersByRestaurant(Guid restaurantId)
at DinnerNow.Restaurants.Kiosk.RestaurantOrderServiceReference.RestaurantOrderServiceClient.GetOrdersByRestaurant(Guid restaurantId) in E:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - Kiosk\DinnerNow.Restaurants.Kiosk\Service References\RestaurantOrderServiceReference\Reference.cs:line 855
at DinnerNow.Restaurants.Kiosk.OrderStatusWindow..ctor() in E:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - Kiosk\DinnerNow.Restaurants.Kiosk\OrderStatusWindow.xaml.cs:line 95

So I have modified the app.config file in the service as
<behavior name="DinnerNow.OrderServices.Implementation.RestaurantOrderServiceBehavior">
<serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true" />
<serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true" />
</behavior>

Still it is giving me same error and I am not able to move ahead with the information it has given.

Help will be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Sunil Chalmeti
Nov 27, 2007 at 12:09 AM
Which version of VS and DinnerNow are you using?

schalmeti wrote:
I have setup Dinnernow application on windows vista. Installation was successful. I have started all the service through 'Start Services' icon on my desktop.
When I tried to access the 'DinnerNow.Restaurants.Kiosk' application from code. I figured out that there is problem with the service running at http://localhost:8004/ (which is RestaurantOrderService).
It gives me error as below in OrderStatusWindow.xaml.cs in constructor OrderStatusWindow()

"The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error. For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug> configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs."

and its stacktrace is

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at 0:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at DinnerNow.Restaurants.Kiosk.RestaurantOrderServiceReference.IRestaurantOrderService.GetOrdersByRestaurant(Guid restaurantId)
at DinnerNow.Restaurants.Kiosk.RestaurantOrderServiceReference.RestaurantOrderServiceClient.GetOrdersByRestaurant(Guid restaurantId) in E:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - Kiosk\DinnerNow.Restaurants.Kiosk\Service References\RestaurantOrderServiceReference\Reference.cs:line 855
at DinnerNow.Restaurants.Kiosk.OrderStatusWindow..ctor() in E:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - Kiosk\DinnerNow.Restaurants.Kiosk\OrderStatusWindow.xaml.cs:line 95

So I have modified the app.config file in the service as
<behavior name="DinnerNow.OrderServices.Implementation.RestaurantOrderServiceBehavior">
<serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true" />
<serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true" />
</behavior>

Still it is giving me same error and I am not able to move ahead with the information it has given.

Help will be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Sunil Chalmeti

Nov 27, 2007 at 3:10 AM
I am VS 2008 beta 2 and dinnernow 2.0.1 versions
Dec 2, 2007 at 8:46 PM
Hi

Can you try to run the kiosk application elevated?

schalmeti wrote:
I am VS 2008 beta 2 and dinnernow 2.0.1 versions

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:24 PM
I am running the kiosk application only and getting above error.
Dec 3, 2007 at 3:39 PM
I assume you are running on Vista.

What you may have to do is start the services, then start the Kiosk Application as an administrator. To do this, right click the Kiosk Application, then choose "Run as Administrator".

Can I also check that you are able to place an order via the web site. If you can, make sure you order something from Northwind bar and grill. That is the restaurant the Kiosk loads as, and there may be an issue when you try to load the kiosk and there are no orders.

Let me know how you get on.