This project is read-only.

help me. linqToSql function build error

Jan 7, 2008 at 10:38 AM
using vs2008(not beta), sql server express 2005
error list is this.

Error 4 There is no Unicode byte order mark. Cannot switch to Unicode. 1 1 DinnerNow.DataAccess.LinqToSql
Error 5 Build failed due to validation errors in C:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - ServicePortfolio\Source\DinnerNow.DataAccess.LinqToSql\DinnerNow.dbml. Open the file and resolve the issues in the Error List, then try rebuilding the project. C:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - ServicePortfolio\Source\DinnerNow.DataAccess.LinqToSql\DinnerNow.dbml 1

Error 1 Metadata file 'C:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - ServicePortfolio\Source\DinnerNow.DataAccess.LinqToSql\bin\Debug\DinnerNow.DataAccess.LinqToSql.dll' could not be found. C:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - ServicePortfolio\Source\DinnerNow.OrderServices.Workflow.Activities 1 1

Error 2 Metadata file 'C:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - ServicePortfolio\Source\DinnerNow.DataAccess.LinqToSql\bin\Debug\DinnerNow.DataAccess.LinqToSql.dll' could not be found. C:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - ServicePortfolio\Source\DinnerNow.OrderServices.Workflow 1 1

Error 3 Metadata file 'C:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - ServicePortfolio\Source\DinnerNow.OrderServices.Workflow.Activities\bin\Debug\DinnerNow.OrderServices.Workflow.Activities.dll' could not be found. C:\DinnerNow\solution\DinnerNow - ServicePortfolio\Source\DinnerNow.OrderServices.Workflow 1 1
Feb 12, 2008 at 7:00 PM
Any resolution to this? I have the exact same errors. Also VS2008 RTM & SQL Express.
Feb 13, 2008 at 12:13 AM
After DinnerNow 2.5 Ver, DinnerNow.DataAccess.LinqToSql was disapeared.
Do you saying about 2.5 ver?

gyoung wrote:
Any resolution to this? I have the exact same errors. Also VS2008 RTM & SQL Express.

Feb 13, 2008 at 4:56 AM
I'm sorry the paths above look like they are from dinnernow 2.0 and not 2.5

2.0 will not run without code changes in the RTM of vs2008.

garsia1983 wrote:
After DinnerNow 2.5 Ver, DinnerNow.DataAccess.LinqToSql was disapeared.
Do you saying about 2.5 ver?

gyoung wrote:

Feb 13, 2008 at 2:43 PM
Well gosh... I've been trying to make this thing work on and off for a couple weeks and hadn't checked for a new release since last week. Lo and behold 2.5 came out on Friday. I'll load it up and see what happens. Thanks.

daiken wrote:
I'm sorry the paths above look like they are from dinnernow 2.0 and not 2.5

2.0 will not run without code changes in the RTM of vs2008.