Installation problems and then crash - how do I get back on track?

Topics: Setup / Configuration
Feb 12, 2008 at 7:50 AM
Edited Feb 12, 2008 at 7:57 AM
Hi all!

I am getting extremely frustrated and if it is possible I would greatly appreciate some help in the nearest hour...

I have been trying to get the RTM version to work on Vista with the full release of VS 2008 for quite a while now, in preparation for TODAYS lunch session where I was hoping to show off your great demo to my colleagues. Was delighted to find a new version this weekend (I do this after work, on nights and weekends as I find time), but I am having problems with this version as well :|

Dependency checker is ok (except for optional mobile which I don't care about right now).

Installation starts ok, warnings about cardspace stored procs and about not finding script maps for IIS.

Compilation of solutions works fine.

After pressing any key I got some red lines, and as i was prepearing to save this for later reference, the computer crashes...

I guess running everything again is not a good idea?

Tried navigating to the web site, and get config errors: HTTP-fel 500.19 - Internal Server Error. Quote, partly in swedish:

Konfigurationsfel: Konfigurationsavsnittet kan inte användas i denna sökväg. Felet uppstår när avsnittet är låst på en överordnad nivå. Låset är angivet antingen som standard (overrideModeDefault="Deny") eller explicit av en platstagg med overrideMode="Deny" eller det äldre allowOverride="false".
Konfigurationskälla: \\?\C:\DinnerNow25\solution\DinnerNow - Web\DinnerNow.WebUX\web.config
Konfigurationskälla: 100: </modules>
101: <handlers>
102: <remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated" />

Error is on line 101, and the problem is override not allowed. Commented out this and got the same type of error on line 98, regarding <modules>, commented out both and the site wont work (no wonder).

Additionally, starting the Web souktion yeilds a comexception that i did see others report, the last solution with commenting out parts of the csproj-file did not help...

What should I do to get this up and running ASAP?

kind regards
Carolina

Feb 13, 2008 at 3:49 AM
It sounds like you may be hitting a problem with the IIS part of the installation.

Did you already have IIS installed?
There is a script in the installation folder that installs IIS with all the options. You can run this script to make sure you have all the components installed

If you have already ran the install scripts and try again, you may end up with some IIS configuration files with multiple entries of the same type. You will have to manually edit the IIS 7 configuration files to correct this.

Hope this helps you.

Luminai wrote:
Hi all!

I am getting extremely frustrated and if it is possible I would greatly appreciate some help in the nearest hour...

I have been trying to get the RTM version to work on Vista with the full release of VS 2008 for quite a while now, in preparation for TODAYS lunch session where I was hoping to show off your great demo to my colleagues. Was delighted to find a new version this weekend (I do this after work, on nights and weekends as I find time), but I am having problems with this version as well :|

Dependency checker is ok (except for optional mobile which I don't care about right now).

Installation starts ok, warnings about cardspace stored procs and about not finding script maps for IIS.

Compilation of solutions works fine.

After pressing any key I got some red lines, and as i was prepearing to save this for later reference, the computer crashes...

I guess running everything again is not a good idea?

Tried navigating to the web site, and get config errors: HTTP-fel 500.19 - Internal Server Error. Quote, partly in swedish:

Konfigurationsfel: Konfigurationsavsnittet kan inte användas i denna sökväg. Felet uppstår när avsnittet är låst på en överordnad nivå. Låset är angivet antingen som standard (overrideModeDefault="Deny") eller explicit av en platstagg med overrideMode="Deny" eller det äldre allowOverride="false".
Konfigurationskälla: \\?\C:\DinnerNow25\solution\DinnerNow - Web\DinnerNow.WebUX\web.config
Konfigurationskälla: 100: </modules>
101: <handlers>
102: <remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated" />

Error is on line 101, and the problem is override not allowed. Commented out this and got the same type of error on line 98, regarding <modules>, commented out both and the site wont work (no wonder).

Additionally, starting the Web souktion yeilds a comexception that i did see others report, the last solution with commenting out parts of the csproj-file did not help...

What should I do to get this up and running ASAP?

kind regards
Carolina

Dec 3, 2008 at 11:35 AM
Hi Luminai,

I've tried this and worked well:

Can you goto Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off in.  Under Internet Information Services > World Wide Web Services > Application Development Features, can you ensure asp.net is enabled, (as well as the other options enabling ASP.Net should enable)

I hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Rafael C. Melo