This project is read-only.

how does the video help?

Topics: Web site
Jun 27, 2008 at 6:25 PM
It Doesn't help at all.  We could have figured out how to navagate the site, if we could get it work.  Video of how to install, get it work, and how you are implementing some of the features  would have been helpful.
Aug 27, 2008 at 12:46 AM
I agree -- the videos are kind of weak.

They put all this work and hype into DinnerNow and then dumped the code out here for us and don't really explain anything.  I know I have installed it a couple times unsuccessfully and just finally gave up.  That was about 8 months ago.  I'm back and thought I'd see if there are any updates and it looks like its in the same state.  It's too bad.  The concept and demo is nice.   That's about as far as it goes.  There is just too many dependencies and Microsoft technologies bundled together to make this thing a usable solution.

Too bad the team moved on to something else... probably Silverlight or the next big thing.

Sep 1, 2008 at 5:16 PM
I too, am disappointed in this application in the fact that it has great potential but has been left to rot.  They should just remove the app from codeplex if the dev team has other priorities.  The point of this applicaiton is to showcase the latest and greatest MS technologies but it falls short as evidenced by the numerous issues and no one to support it.  I'd rather see a php or asp solution that works than an over-hyped, buggy, system that uses all the latest buzzword technologies.