This project is read-only.

Start Here for DinnerNow cannot detect Sql server 2005

Topics: Setup / Configuration
Oct 18, 2008 at 1:57 PM
I have downloaded the latest DinnerNow 2.5 and run the "Start here for DinnerNow"
and I have following the guild to install everything that required by this check , but the program still cannot detect the Sql server 2005.

My environment is : Vista business sp1 , Vs2008 sp1 , SQLEXPR_ADV with SP2 , IIS7.
I have installed all the powershell and mobile device as well.

I have tried to access the Sql 2005 express from ODBC , from vs 2008 . all works but it just cannot be detected by the "Start Here for DinnerNow"

why? Is it possible that I setup the a connection string just like a website and them run the program?
Oct 18, 2008 at 11:03 PM
I have resolved this problem by change the sql application name to "Microsoft Sql Server 2005" at the applicaiton .config

But I cannot start the problem in IIS or in VS2008.
I get error says:

<fieldset><legend>Detailed Error Information</legend>
Module IIS Web Core
Notification BeginRequest
Handler Not yet determined
Error Code 0x800700b7
Config Error Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'add' with unique key attribute 'name' set to 'ScriptHandlerFactory'
Config File \\?\D:\DinnerNow25\solution\DinnerNow - Web\DinnerNow.WebUX\web.config
Requested URL http://localhost:80/DinnerNow/Default.aspx
Physical Path D:\DinnerNow25\solution\DinnerNow - Web\DinnerNow.WebUX\Default.aspx
Logon Method Not yet determined
Logon User Not yet determined
</fieldset>
<fieldset><legend>Config Source</legend>
  103:       <remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated" />
104: <add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
105: <add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService
</fieldset>

Is someone can help me ?
it is better if you can write a setup guide rather than just a problem.
Oct 18, 2008 at 11:14 PM
figured it out again.
it is becuase I have another program runinng on root.
funny things  for IIS7 ,