This project is read-only.

Recommneded hosting for Dinnernow

Topics: Setup / Configuration
Jul 12, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Hi,

First off all I think that dinnernow its a great application and Im learning a lot from it. I would like to know if one of you dinnernow gurus can recommend a hosting service for it, since their requiremetns are complicated i have been unable to find a hosting service where i can run the application. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Daniel.

Jul 13, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Daniel,

Please note that DinnerNow is a sample application and it was never intended to be deployed in production. It hasn't gone through any official testing, security reviews, performance or scability reviews, etc.

Habib Heydarian.

Jul 13, 2009 at 8:24 AM

HI Habib,

Thanks for you reply, Im aware that dinnernow is a sample application but I would like to start testing itinto a deployment enviroment, this include performance, security, and other stuff. In addition, i would like to start extending the functionality of the application. In order to achive such objective my first task is to find a good hosting service that supports all the requirements for the tool. Thanks again for your support.

Daniel.

Jul 14, 2009 at 5:36 AM

Although I'm not aware of the available hosting solutions, I can briefly describe the DinnerNow requirements.

The DinnerNow web site and the set of WCF web services require IIS 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 to run. Furthermore, DinnerNow has a couple of databases that require either SQL Server 2005 SP3 or SQL Server 2008. Beyond that, my guess is that the area that you might run into a lot of issues is configuring your hosting solution to run DinnerNow.

Habib Heydarian.

Aug 14, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Daniel,

Have you thought about buying a Virtual Private Server for this? We'd be glad to work with you. www.saasmadeeasy.com

Jun 23, 2010 at 3:18 PM
Hi, First of all, I really like the application's features and yes its great to learn from such a good example. I think it would be very helpful if someone could list all the web hosting provider which can run this web application. Most of the shared hosting providers do not allow any server-side installations so it would be nice to know which hosting provider's server will be able to run this app without installing any server side software. Can someone please tell me whether I can use discount ASP hosting provider (http://discountasp.net/) to run this application as a prototype? Many thanks in advance. Best regards Jak