Is this forum the only guidance on troubleshooting this application?
This application seems extremely fragile and it is difficult to track down problems as they occur seemingly without cause.
The installation prompted me to install SQL Express 2008 SP1, but even after I did so, the dependency checker said I hadn't. I disabled the dependency checker and it configured without any errors.
While the app seemed to be working for a short while, a subsequent visit to the home page left me unable to connect to the database suddenly. Connection strings and data-related objects are everywhere and it's extremely difficult to trace a path through
the system. The first encountered symptom was the app no longer populating the "Food type" and "Menu" drop-downs on the home page. Clicking the Find button shows two consecutive dialogs: 1) "Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes"
(thanks for the definition of a guid - that's helpful) 2) "The search has failed."
Additionally, the Kiosk application crashes on startup about 50% of the time without displaying an error.