The DinnerNow.net 3.1 release focuses primarily on supporting new Microsoft operating systems and technologies. Specifically, it adds support for Windows 7 RTM and Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM as well as 64-bit support.
To learn more about what's new in DinnerNow.net 3.1, please see the following blog post
Prerequisites for DinnerNow 3.1
DinnerNow.net 3.1 requires the following software in order to run.
- Visual Studio and .NET Framework
- Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 OR Visual Studio Team System 2008 Service Pack 1
- .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 RTM (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM (64-bit only)
- Windows PowerShell 1.0 OR 2.0 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- SQL Server 2008 Express Edition Service Pack 1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Internet Explorer 8 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK Refresh (32-bit or 64-bit) [optional]
- Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 for Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit) [optional]
- Power Toys for .NET Compact Framework 3.5 (32-bit or 64-bit) [optional]
Not supported in this release
DinnerNow.net 3.1 has not been tested with the following versions of Windows and/or Visual Studio. However, since the complete source code for DinnerNow.net is available, you are more than welcome to try using DinnerNow.net with these and fix any issues that come up.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP
- SQL Server 2005
- Internet Explorer 6 or earlier
- IIS 6 or earlier
- Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1
If you have any feedback, please use the Discussion board or the Issue Tracker forum links above. I'll do my best to provide a timely response.