SQL Server set-up failure

Topics: Setup / Configuration
Jun 9, 2007 at 12:57 AM
I posted this in the Issue Tracker, but I'm not sure which was most appropriate so I'm placing it out here as well. When running setup on my Vista/SQL 2005 box, all of the setup related to getting the SQL objects created failed. I enabled all remote access (the error said something about this being a possible cause of the failure) but it did not help. I have a named instance of SQL on my box, I wonder if that contributed to some setup problems?
Aug 8, 2007 at 11:17 PM

fairorth wrote:
I posted this in the Issue Tracker, but I'm not sure which was most appropriate so I'm placing it out here as well. When running setup on my Vista/SQL 2005 box, all of the setup related to getting the SQL objects created failed. I enabled all remote access (the error said something about this being a possible cause of the failure) but it did not help. I have a named instance of SQL on my box, I wonder if that contributed to some setup problems?

Dinnernow creates an alias for the database and uses the alias from all the setup scripts. As a default the alias points to localhost\SQLExpress, but you can change it by editing the \dinnernow\scripts\install\1 - Create Database Alias.bat to point to the correct instance.

David