This project is read-only.

Images and CSS are not displayed

Topics: Web site
Jul 14, 2007 at 12:42 AM
Edited Jul 14, 2007 at 12:43 AM
I'm having a problem with images and other static files being displayed. They're not shown in the page and if I try to view them independently (either via the site or via IIS) I get a server error:

Could not load file or assembly 'ImageCopyrightService, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=26fae39fbbfabfd7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Stack Trace:

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ImageCopyrightService, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=26fae39fbbfabfd7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) +0
System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +72
System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +58
System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +64
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +51
System.Web.Configuration.HandlerFactoryCache.GetHandlerType(String type) +18
System.Web.Configuration.HandlerFactoryCache..ctor(String type) +16
System.Web.HttpApplication.GetFactory(String type) +74
System.Web.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +189
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155 italics

Has anyone else run into this? I just started working with DinnerNow (it's awesome) so I'm kind of lost. I've tried reinstalling but the installation seems to go well. I'm also new to IIS 7.0 so I might be missing something there.

Jul 15, 2007 at 1:10 AM
I have the exact same issue and I was JUST about to post the same request until I read yours.

I have tried a fresh install of Windows 2008, all of my dependancies checkout, all seems well with the install. It only happens with the JPEGS not GIFS.

Jul 15, 2007 at 5:05 AM
Well, if nothing else it's good to know we're not alone. It's only happening with JPEGs for me too, the RSS GIF displays as it should.

Very peculiar. I've tried re-installations of anything I could think of that would affect DinnerNow and, just like you, my dependencies check out and the installation went fine.
Jul 15, 2007 at 5:01 PM
I thought I would try the same thing on my Vista machine and am getting the same problem. After closer examination of the build and configure log I see plenty of compliation errors. This one is no doubt why we are having this problem:

So how the heck do we fix it?

Project "C:\Dinnernow\solution\DinnerNow - IIS7 Handlers\DinnerNow - IIS7 Handle
rs.sln" (Rebuild target(s)):

)):

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(3090,13):
error MSB3073: The command "call "%VS80COMNTOOLS%\vsvars32.bat" > NULL
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(3090,13):
error MSB3073: gacutil.exe /if "C:\Dinnernow\solution\DinnerNow - IIS7 Handlers
\ImageCopyrightService.Management\bin\Debug\ImageCopyrightService.Management.dll
"" exited with code 9009.
Done building project "ImageCopyrightService.Management.csproj" -- FAILED.
Jul 16, 2007 at 5:42 PM
Believe it or not this issue seems to be fixed for me. I removed and uninstalled everything I had relating to DinnerNow (including deleting all files and folders) and then reinstalled the dependencies. I made sure that I had all of the optional dependencies as well. I ran a fresh installation and now the site works perfectly.

If you haven't done that you might want to give it a shot...it takes a long time and is a bit of a hassle but it'll be worth it if it fixes the problem for you as well.
Jul 16, 2007 at 7:51 PM
Nice....

Maybe the optional dependancies are not so optional after all.......

I'll try that out.
Jul 17, 2007 at 4:11 AM
Edited Jul 17, 2007 at 4:12 AM
I'm happy to see another couple of posts on here, even though they had nothing to do with the issues I'm having; doesn't seem this forum is frequented too often.
Aug 3, 2007 at 6:04 AM
The problem is ImageCopyrightService was not GAC'ed becuase the install script use gacutil which is not there unless you install .NET SDK. :)

What I did is to copy gacutil from my development machine into virtual pc (Longhorn Beta 3) - then gac ImageCopyrightService. After restarting IIS - images show up correctly