MMC Unhandled Exception in Workflow Snap-in:

Topics: Management (PowerShell)
Sep 18, 2007 at 7:08 AM
Services, WCF Live Trace, IIS Trace working fine, but when I select Workflow Monitor, the Unhandled Exception window popup:

FX:{224308d4-2b1e-4073-b253-853bc3e60210}

Type 'System.Management.Automation.ParameterBindingValidationException' in assembly 'System.Management.Automation, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' is not marked as serializable.

Exception Type:
System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException

Exception Stack:
at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClient.ProcessRequest(Request request)
at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RequestStatus.BeginRequest(IMessageClient messageClient, RequestInfo requestInfo)
at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInRequestOperation.ProcessRequest()
at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.OnThreadTransfer(SimpleOperationCallback callback)
Oct 2, 2007 at 3:52 AM
I think this is related to the path to the workflows in the database. If you load MMC and add the snapin, it should prompt you for the path to the workflow assembly folder - ensure you have the correct one before proceeding.

If this does not work, i suggest clearing out the workflow tracking database, it may be there are workflows with the wrong path.

Thanks

David

dotAge wrote:
Services, WCF Live Trace, IIS Trace working fine, but when I select Workflow Monitor, the Unhandled Exception window popup:

FX:{224308d4-2b1e-4073-b253-853bc3e60210}

Type 'System.Management.Automation.ParameterBindingValidationException' in assembly 'System.Management.Automation, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' is not marked as serializable.

Exception Type:
System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException

Exception Stack:
at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClient.ProcessRequest(Request request)
at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RequestStatus.BeginRequest(IMessageClient messageClient, RequestInfo requestInfo)
at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInRequestOperation.ProcessRequest()
at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.OnThreadTransfer(SimpleOperationCallback callback)