This project is read-only.

Linq/WCF architecture

Topics: Architecture
Feb 7, 2008 at 2:37 AM
I just downloaded the source code for this project and have looked through it even though there appears to be some issues with LINQ project. I am currently working on a smartclient application using CAB/SCSF with WCF/LINQ on the server side. I am very new to LINQ and WCF and was wondering if this application is using what is considered the best practices for using LINQ with WCF. I have had many issues using LINQ because of serialization with WCF. I was thinking about heading down a similar path demonstrated in this sample application. Just curious if this is considered the "right" approach.

Thanks!
Feb 9, 2008 at 12:01 AM
Please check out the latest RTM version of DinnerNow - it addresses some of those concerns you have and provides a different solution than that in the Beta.

D

jts wrote:
I just downloaded the source code for this project and have looked through it even though there appears to be some issues with LINQ project. I am currently working on a smartclient application using CAB/SCSF with WCF/LINQ on the server side. I am very new to LINQ and WCF and was wondering if this application is using what is considered the best practices for using LINQ with WCF. I have had many issues using LINQ because of serialization with WCF. I was thinking about heading down a similar path demonstrated in this sample application. Just curious if this is considered the "right" approach.

Thanks!