This project is read-only.

Install DinnerNow with SQL Server 2005 developer

Topics: Setup / Configuration
Feb 25, 2008 at 5:15 PM
hi all,
I'm install DinnerNow 2.5 (latest version) for my computer. My computer run Windows Vista and SQL Server 2005 Developer edition.
At dependency checking, i was told that, i dont have SQL Server express, so i did like previous post. I changed name in dependency type in App.Config file.
After that, i passed dependency checking. But later, this program run in error.

I know that, i need to manual config for SQL Server 2005 but i couldn't find any document for it.
Anyone can help me?

Thanks.
Feb 27, 2008 at 11:34 PM
if you are using SQL Server instead of SQL Server Express, you need to change both the Dependency Checker configuration AND you also need to update a script in the scripts/install folder named library.ps1

In the script, the first function defined is new-DatabaseAlias - if you change the code as shown below it should then work.

function new-DatabaseAlias
{
System.Reflection.Assembly::LoadWithPartialName("Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo") | out-null
$sa = New-Object Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Wmi.ServerAlias ".","DinnerNow"

#Assume SQLExpress for now
$sa.ConnectionString='sql\query'
$sa.ProtocolName='np'
$sa.ServerName='.'
$sa.Create()
}

hanami279 wrote:
hi all,
I'm install DinnerNow 2.5 (latest version) for my computer. My computer run Windows Vista and SQL Server 2005 Developer edition.
At dependency checking, i was told that, i dont have SQL Server express, so i did like previous post. I changed name in dependency type in App.Config file.
After that, i passed dependency checking. But later, this program run in error.

I know that, i need to manual config for SQL Server 2005 but i couldn't find any document for it.
Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Mar 4, 2008 at 4:44 AM
Thanks for your post. I will try to configure it.
Mar 5, 2008 at 5:15 PM
Update i configured as you show me, i still could not install dinnernow. I have an error message:
"The term '.\runme.ps1' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable progaram, or script. Verify the term and try again.
At line:1 char: 11
  • .\runme.ps1 <<<<"

I think, if your team provide another DinnerNow version for SQL Server (not express edition), it's will very nice.

Many thanks.
Mar 5, 2008 at 7:42 PM

That error looks like a problem just executing the script. When you try to execute it are you in the folder containing the script? If you hit tab after typing the filename, does it resolve to the full path?

hanami279 wrote:
Update i configured as you show me, i still could not install dinnernow. I have an error message:
"The term '.\runme.ps1' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable progaram, or script. Verify the term and try again.
At line:1 char: 11
  • .\runme.ps1 <<<<"

I think, if your team provide another DinnerNow version for SQL Server (not express edition), it's will very nice.

Many thanks.