This project is read-only.

debug "DinnerNow.Restaurants.Kiosk"

Topics: Kiosk Application
Mar 12, 2008 at 8:36 PM
Edited Mar 12, 2008 at 8:45 PM
hi ,
I'm a new starter,i have installed DinnerNow 2.5 successfully,
when I debug "DinnerNow.Restaurants.Kiosk",
errors :"Cannot create instance of 'OrderStatusWindow' defined in assembly 'DinnerNowKiosk, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Error in markup file 'DinnerNowKiosk;component/OrderStatusWindow.xaml' Line 2 Position 2."
can somebody tell me Why ?Thanks !
When i opened "VEMapControl.xaml" the Designer can't load it,and XAML coder shows
"Could not create an instance of type "VEMap"
the" VEMapController "?? Help!?
Mar 13, 2008 at 8:24 PM
Are you trying to step into the project? What happens if you set a breakpoint and "start with debugging" does it run and hit the break point. The reason i ask is i have had problems trying to step through the start of a WPF application in the past, but setting break points worked.

Ballacker wrote:
hi ,
I'm a new starter,i have installed DinnerNow 2.5 successfully,
when I debug "DinnerNow.Restaurants.Kiosk",
errors :"Cannot create instance of 'OrderStatusWindow' defined in assembly 'DinnerNowKiosk, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Error in markup file 'DinnerNowKiosk;component/OrderStatusWindow.xaml' Line 2 Position 2."
can somebody tell me Why ?Thanks !
When i opened "VEMapControl.xaml" the Designer can't load it,and XAML coder shows
"Could not create an instance of type "VEMap"
the" VEMapController "?? Help!?

Nov 7, 2008 at 10:41 PM
Edited Nov 7, 2008 at 11:08 PM
I also recieve the same error; the suggestion of using the break point did not work.  I was also noticing a warning also the the AllowBrowserDrop Property from the WebBrowser class was throwing a com exception I'm not sure if it retlated to the problem any help would be appreciated.
Nov 12, 2008 at 2:31 AM
This is most likely because the Kiosk application cannot talk to the web services that are in the ServicePortfolio2 solution. When the Kiosk app starts up, it queries the database through a web service to get the list of orders.

The first place that I would start to debug this issue is to find out why the web service is failing. Navigate to http://localhost/DinnerNow/Service/OrderProcess.svc and see what error you get.

Habib Heydarian.