This project is read-only.

provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified

Topics: Setup / Configuration, Web site
May 29, 2008 at 2:18 AM
I am getting this error when I try and checkout

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

I have double checked and remote connections are allowed. The application is obviously able to access the database because I was able to register and the search is able to find the restaurants and menus.
It's failing on this line:
AddressCollection profileAddresses = (AddressCollection)HttpContext.Current.Profile.GetPropertyValue("DisplayAddresses");

What am I missing?

Jul 19, 2008 at 8:10 AM

cb3431 wrote:
I am getting this error when I try and checkout

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

I have double checked and remote connections are allowed. The application is obviously able to access the database because I was able to register and the search is able to find the restaurants and menus.
It's failing on this line:
AddressCollection profileAddresses = (AddressCollection)HttpContext.Current.Profile.GetPropertyValue("DisplayAddresses");

What am I missing?

I am having the same trouble.
Jan 22, 2009 at 4:02 PM
Me too...
Any solutions????
Apr 4, 2009 at 12:03 AM
Hi,

I had same problem and I resolved it changing the connection string in the web.config file. I decided to change the NPipes protocol to TCP and also provided an username and password for this string.

This finally let me finalize my order and my meal is on the way :).

God bless.