Longhorn

Topics: Setup / Configuration
Mar 7, 2007 at 7:14 PM
Hi,
is it possible to install Dinner.Now on Longhorn Server (Build 6001)? If yes, any pointer to the Installation guide would be nice.

Mar 27, 2007 at 7:30 AM

AhtiH wrote:
Hi,
is it possible to install Dinner.Now on Longhorn Server (Build 6001)? If yes, any pointer to the Installation guide would be nice.

It is technically possible to install it manually on Longhorn Server Build 6001, however, it is very difficult because there isn't a release of PowerShell for thsi build of Longhorn Server. I would recommend staying with Vista for now or waiting for the Beta 3 release of Longhorn Server. We will have an updated version of DinnerNow that is fully compatible by then.

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:20 PM
Build 6001 is Longhorn beta 3. You would have to install the PSH feature as well as all the related IIS stuff. I'll try installing it in the next week to try it out.
May 25, 2007 at 5:46 PM
Edited May 25, 2007 at 7:50 PM
I was able to manually install it on Longhorn Server Beta 3. After installing everything I also needed to set PowerShell to run uncertified scripts. I have not been able to get the images to show up when I browse to the website however. Has anyone seen this issue?
Aug 8, 2007 at 11:26 PM

em732 wrote:
I was able to manually install it on Longhorn Server Beta 3. After installing everything I also needed to set PowerShell to run uncertified scripts. I have not been able to get the images to show up when I browse to the website however. Has anyone seen this issue?

You should be able to get everything working in Longhorn Server Beta 3 without too much effort. Do check you have all the prerequisites installed. You may have to work through the setup scripts 1 by 1 to fix any funny things, but LHS is in fact my development machine and i'm sure the automated setup worked.

On thing with the images is to check the IIS handlers are installed correctly into IIS7. In an earlier build there was an issue with the public key token values, but the latest builds should be fine.

David