The DinnerNow.net 1.3 release contains some significant enhancements and several bug fixes. Some of the new features in version 1.3 include:
- New Service Portfolio. The "Service Portfolio" is the code that consists of the services, data access, workflow, and business logic for the scenario. It has been completely rewritten.
- Unit tests for the entire service portfolio
- Documentation for the service portfolio that was generated from the C# source code using SandCastle
- New mobile device application that can connect to the host services and update orders
- Support for the Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional SDK
- Updated walkthrough document that includes information about the Windows Mobile components
- Extended Verification (EV) cert for the DinnerNow.net site
- Support for user specified installation paths. We have removed the requirement to install the sample at c:\DinnerNow
Version 1.3 utilizes the .NET Framework 3.0 and it has been tested on both Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 (Longhorn) Beta 3.
In addition to version 1.3, we are also releasing a version of DinnerNow.net that has been developed againist Visual Studio "Orcas" and the .NET Framework 3.5 beta 1. This version takes advantage of new Orcas features including:
- Language Integrated Query for .NET (LINQ) and LINQ-to-SQL
- Workflow Services (codenamed "Silver")
- WCF RSS services
There are a few known issues with the 1.0 Orcas version. Please review the DinnerNow.net Orcas v1.0 (for Orcas beta 1) – Known Issues document.
Finally, we have also released five new hands-on labs for Orcas beta 1. These labs are based on the DinnerNow.net scenario, however, you do NOT need to have the DinnerNow.net sample application installed in order to use them.